I believe soups are one of the easiest and comfiest meals to make. All you need is one pot to create satisfying meal which you can eat for days. Also by simply adding grains to your a soup you can easily to boost nutritional value of it and also make it more filling meal which is perfect for lunch or dinner.
Servings : 6- 8
1 white onion
2 garlic cloves
1 large/ 2 medium carrots
1 large/ 2 medium courgette
1 large/ 2 small sweet potatoes
1 tin of canned tomatoes
1 can of chickpeas
1 1/2 tricolour quinoa
1 cube of low salt veg stock
1 tbsp of olive oil
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a pot with olive oil and add chopped onion and pressed garlic along with spices and sautee until golden.
2. Chop your veggies into small cubes and add into the pot along with 2 cups of water, veg stock cube and tin of chopped tomatoes
3. Stir, cover and let simmer for around 15min
4. Add another 1.5-2l of water to pot along with uncooked washed quinoa
5. Let cook on medium heat until veggies get soft and quinoa is cooked.
6. Season with salt and pepper to your taste and serve with chopped avocado and squeeze of lime.