This is my go-to banoffee recipe that I have been using for years and always come back to it when there is opportunity. It has crunchy sweet "biscuit" base, sweet caramel layer all topped with banana slices and coconut whip. I promise it tastes even better than it sounds.
Servings : 6-8 ( recipe is made using small cake tin )
2 cup of cashews
3 tbsp of maple syrup
1/2 cup of water
3 tbsp of light tahini
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp of cinnamon
coco Whip layer
can of full fat coconut milk( let it set in fridge overnight so cream separates)
1 tbsp of maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees to lightly bake cashews.
2. Layer baking tin with parchment paper and bake cashew for 8-10 minutes until golden.
3. Let them cool down.
4. Meanwhile blend all the ingredients for caramel layer in blender, scrape down sides and blend multiple times to make sure your caramel is smooth without any extra bits. If needed add extra tiny bit of water to mixture.
5. When cashews are cooled down, transfer them into food processor along with maple syrup and process until crumbly and sticks together.
6. Transfer mixture into cake tin, press down firmly and spread out evenly. Top with caramel layer and let set in freezer for around 30 mins.
7. Meanwhile whip coconut cream. Use only solid part from coconut milk and whip cream in food processor with vanilla and maple syrup. You want to get thick consistency. This may take practise and good quality coconut milk ( so try to invest into this one :)
8. When ready slice up bananas along into thin slices and spread on caramel layer evenly. Then spread coconut cream on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon or chocolate if desired and let set in fridge for at least 3 hours.
9. Enjoy as delicious dessert with coffee or tea.